Enable VPN on Netgear Orbi router
Want to setup VPN service on Orbi login via orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com website. Enable OpenVPN on Windows or Mac iOS device. Download or configure settings of Open VPN
Step One: Enable OpenVPN on the device
- Go to the web interface for your Netgear Orbi router at orbilogin.net or orbilogin.net
- Go to the “Advanced” tab
- Choose “Advanced Setup” → “VPN Service”
- Make sure you do not forget to check the option “Enable VPN Service”
Note: You will have to wait for your Netgear Orbi wifi device to create a configuration. There is a probability that you may also be prompted to set up Dynamic DNS first.
Read: Install and settings of Netgear Orbi router, Setup Orbi router rbk50
Step Two: Download the OpenVPN settings
- Stay in “VPN Services”.
- Now you can choose what you want to access via the VPN connection. For most users, this will be “Home Network only” (Host to Network.) If you require a connection that sends everything through your Home network, please select “All sites on the Internet & Home Network.”
- Then click on “Apply”.
- Finally click on “For Smart Phone” in the section “OpenVPN configuration package download” to download the configuration files.
Note please use the “For Smart Phone” package, not the “For MACOSX” package!
Netgear Setup Orbi VPN | orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com Get assistance from Orbi router login experts @1-877-818-8843
Step Three: Enabling the Dynamic DNS service(Recommended)
- While you attempt to download your OpenVPN settings (.ovpn file), you may receive a note about Dynamic DNS.
- We strongly recommend setting this up. It’s free and is required if you will be using your Netgear Orbi router login.
- VPN connection with a regular home internet connection (without a static IP address).
- Go to “Dynamic DNS” which is under the “Advanced Setup” tab.
- Please ensure to check the box next to “Use a Dynamic DNS Service” tab.
- If you don’t have a Netgear account, you can create one by entering your Host Name, email address and a password into the respective fields.
Note: If can’t connect to www.orbilogin.com or www.orbilogin.net admin site. or orbi login is not opening. Refer: orbilogin.net not working error.
Configure VPN on Orbi router on Windows or iOS device
Step One – Add a connection orbilogin.com on Windows device
- Open VPN Tracker 365.
- Click on “Create a connection”, or click on the + in the bottom left corner of the app window. ➔ Select NETGEAR
- Select your Orbi device.
- Click “Create.”
- Add connection on www.orbilogin.com or www.orbilogin.net
Step Two – Configuring VPN for your iOS or Mac device using http://www.orbilogin.net
- Go to the Basic option by Clicking on Configure.
- Drag and drop your .ovpn file from task one into the grey space provided, or click to browse in Finder.
- Your Netgear device’s unique configuration settings will be automatically filled in by VPN.
- Click “Done” to save your settings.
Install OpenVPN or expressVPN on orbilogin.net orbilogin.com Get Orbi router login experts help to setting up VPN on orbilogin
Testing the VPN connection
Test or Connect VPN on Orbi login admin page www.orbilogin.com
To test your connection, you will have to connect from a different location. For example, if you are setting up a VPN connection to your home, try it out at office, or from an Internet cafe, or go visit a friend.
Connect to your VPN
- Check first of all that your internet connection is working as it should be. Use this link as a test: https://www.vpntracker.com
- Start the VPN Tracker 365 app.
- Click on the On/Off slider to turn on your connection.
IMPORTANT: If you are using VPN Tracker for the first time with your current Internet connection, it will test your connection. Wait for the test to complete.
- Depending on your orbi router setup, You will be prompted to enter your pre-shared key. To save time for the future, check the box “Store in Keychain” to save the password in your keychain so you are not asked for it again when connecting the next time.
Connecting may take a couple of seconds. If the On/Off button turns blue that’s great – you’re connected! Now is a great time to take a look at the VPN Tracker Manual. It shows you how to use your VPN and how to get the most out of it.
Also, read steps to restore factory settings of Netgear Orbi router, orbi router reset default factory setting.
Unable to configure OpenVPN/expressVPN settings on Orbi login Get experts help from www.orbilogin.net experts @1-877-818-8843
Troubleshoot- Can’t setup VPN on Orbi router
In case there’s a problem connecting VPN on Orbi router, a yellow warning triangle will show up.
Click the yellow warning triangle to be taken to the log. The log will explain exactly what the problem is and give you some troubleshooting steps to try.
TIP: Press Cmd-L to open the log in a new window. That way, you can have the log side-by-side with your VPN configuration while making changes to troubleshoot a problem.
Facing any trouble in setting up VPN on http://www.orbilogin.net or Netgear Orbi router admin page. Or facing any error or issue with your new/old router refer: orbi router troubleshooting guides. Or contact orbi login experts for quick solution on any issues.