How to do Netgear Orbi Setup With Existing Router – Manual
Follow this guide to know how to do Netgear orbi setup with existing router. You can set up orbi with an existing router by using it as an access point.
Easy steps to do orbi setup with existing router:
- Connect the orbi device to the power source.
- Take an Ethernet cable. Plug it into the internet port of the Netgear Orbi router.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your existing router.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice.
- Fill www.orbilogin.net into the URL field.
- Log in using the orbi login credentials.
- Go to the advanced tab and click on the ‘Advanced Setup’ option.
- Click ‘Router’ and select working mode as ‘AP’
- Enable the AP mode and Select the IP settings.
- Click ‘Save’ and exit the web interface.
That’s all. Setting up orbi with the existing router was that easy.
How do I connect my Orbi to my router?
Connecting the Orbi router to the existing router is a simple and straightforward process. Follow the below-given steps:
- Place the Orbi device near your existing router.
- Connect the Orbi device to the power source.
- Wait for the power light to get solid.
- Make sure your existing router is connected to the power source.
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect its one-end into your existing router.
- The other end of the cable will go into the internet port of the orbi device.
Finally, your Orbi device is connected to the existing router.
Can Orbi work with existing routers?
The orbi device is built to work with your existing router or modem. Setting up your orbi as an access point allows you to use the orbi wifi instead of your existing router’s wifi.
Easy steps to do Netgear orbi setup with existing router-
- Connect your orbi device with the current router provided by your ISP.
- Synchronize the orbi satellite with the orbi router.
- Make sure you turn off the Wi-Fi of your modem/ router combo before connecting with the orbi device.
Can I connect a Netgear router to another router?
Yes, it is possible to set up a Netgear router to another router. To do this, you need to set up the Netgear router in the bridge mode.
- Note down the wireless of the other router.
- Open a browser and navigate to 192.168.1.1.
- Enter the Netgear router username and password.
- On the basic home page, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on ‘Advanced Setup’ and select the ‘Wireless Bridge’
- Click on the ‘enable bridge mode’ option.
- Enter the wifi settings of another router.
- Click ‘Apply’ and save the settings.
Advance Help with Orbi device?
Yes, you can use the orbi device with other Netgear routers. You just require an Ethernet cable to connect the orbi device with the existing Netgear router.
Note– If you’re having difficulties, feel free to talk to our experts. Our in house experts are available 24/7. Make a call on their toll free number. Perform a live chat.
Netgear Orbi Setup:
The Netgear Orbi is a Wi-Fi mesh system meant to give high-quality Wi-Fi coverage across your home for individuals who are unfamiliar with it. It’s really simple to set up, even if you want to connect your existing router to it.
You’ll have Wi-Fi connectivity throughout your home when you connect your Orbi device to your ISP modem, and you’ll be able to walk around without losing signal.
More steps for Netgear Orbi Setup with an Existing Router?
In the entire procedure, there isn’t a single complication. The Netgear Orbi can be linked to your existing router with ease.
- Simply connect the Orbi router to your current internet service provider’s router or modem.
- The next step is to synchronise the units with all of the satellites using your Orbi router. It will create a Wi-Fi mesh network that will cover your entire home.
- You won’t have tao create a new SSID, which is a plus. You’ll be able to use the same SSID to connect all of your devices across your home.
- Orbi models all have three bands, one of which is 2.4GHz and the other two being 5GHz. Wireless backhaul will be created using the later of the two.
- Your dedicated Wi-Fi connection will link to the satellites via the router unit as the backhaul. It’s as basic as that!
- Orbi routers work with a number of different internet service providers. If you have an Orbi router from your internet service provider, simply connect your modem to it.
- If your internet provider supplies you with a Wi-Fi router and modem combo, remember to turn off the Wi-Fi on your router/modem combo before connecting your Orbi device to it.
Is it possible to add Orbi Satellite as an add-on to my Orbi Pro Router wireless network?
Because Orbi is a smart Wireless network system, the main benefit of having it is that it allows you to add several satellite devices to improve your network’s range or power. This can effectively allow you to expand your network to regions where you previously thought you wouldn’t be able to spread wireless networks by either spreading it as an extender or sharing it as an access point.
Follow these steps to add new Orbi satellites to your existing connection:
The Netgear Orbi setup procedure for the Orbi Satellite is as follows:
- Place the satellite as close to the Orbi router as possible. This is the first step in getting the Orbi satellite up and running.
- Make sure the new Orbi satellite is connected to a power source before beginning the Orbi login procedure.
- Try pressing the on/off button if the satellite’s LED remains off for whatever reason.
- Before starting the Orbi login process, wait a few minutes for the LED to turn solid white.
- To initiate the synchronisation operation, press the sync button on the back of both the router and the satellite within 2 minutes of each other.
- The satellite will vibrate white for a brief period before changing to one of the following colours before Netgear Orbi setup is complete:
- Blue:These interconnections that the satellite and router connections have been successfully established.
- Amber:When the router-to-satellite connectivity is adequate, the Orbi satellite changes colour. Try moving the Orbi satellite closer to the router in this case.
- Magenta:If the Orbi satellite is unable to communicate with the Orbi router. It’s going to be magenta in the near future. In this circumstance, try to get the Orbi satellite closer to the Orbi router.
How to Update the Orbi Firmware on Your Orbi Satellite?
- The first step is to select the device name from the drop-down menu.
- Opt the Update button after this a new window for Orbi Firmware Update will appear on your screen.
- The Netgear Orbi default admin password user has to fill out in the browser. Moreover Orbi wifi password is the same one you select during the Orbi setup process.
- Press the Browse button to select the Orbi Firmware Update file. The suffix would be.img or.chk.
- After you select the Upload option, the update operation will begin. It will take some time for the process to be completed and the adjustments to take full effect.
- Allow the Firmware update to complete. To check the status, click the Status button.
How to Update the Orbi Firmware on Your Orbi Router?
- Go to http://orbilogin.com, which is the link to the Orbi router login page, in a web browser on your computer.
- Click here to get to the Orbi Firmware Update page.
- Go to the advanced option on the Orbi login home page and select Administration. Click the Firmware Update button on this page.
- Then, from the drop-down option, select Manual Update.
- Select Browse and look for a file with the extensions.img or.chk.
- The update operation will begin once you select the Upload option and press the Yes button. It will take some time for the process to be completed and the adjustments to take full effect.
- By pressing the Status button and looking at the firmware version displayed on the Status page, you can check the status of the Orbi Firmware update.