To ensure proper functionality, it is recommended to update the Orbi router firmware. The Orbi router firmware update will enhance the security and improve the performance. Netgear Orbi router and satellite are intended to update their firmware automatically.
Though sometimes, your Orbi router and satellite may fail to auto-update their firmware. The Orbi firmware update failed may cause a hard time for you.
Usually, this issue occurs due to slow or weak internet connection. Fortunately, there are some steps and tips that a user can use to get rid of Netgear Orbi firmware issues.
How to fix Orbi firmware issue?
You can quickly follow the troubleshooting tips that will help you resolve Orbi firmware update failed issue.
Power cycle your Orbi router/satellite
Follow these steps to power cycle your Orbi device:
- Turn off the power socket in which is the Orbi router is plugged in.
- Disconnect all the cables that are connected to Orbi router. via www.orbilogin.com
- Wait for two minutes.
- Turn on your Orbi router.
- Now, sign into Orbi router and check if the router has started to auto-update the firmware or not. visit for Orbi router setup.
Check the wireless internet connectivity
Check the speed and range of your Wi-Fi network. If the wireless internet is weak, the Orbi router will not be able to update its firmware.
In case, Netgear Orbi firmware issue still bothers you, you can try to update the router using the manual method.
How to update Orbi firmware?
Here are some steps that you can use for Orbi router firmware update manually. Follow them carefully.
- First of all, you need to visit Netgear support center. Download the newest version of your Orbi router and save it on your computer.
- Now, go to www.orbilogin.net from the browser of the connected device.
- Enter the Orbi login credentials. Press ‘Login’
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on ‘Administration’ option and select ‘Firmware Update’
- Click ‘Browse’ and upload the downloaded file.
- It will need a few minutes for the firmware file to upload. Do not turn off your device at this moment.
- Your Orbi router firmware update is now completed.
It is advised to first go through the troubleshooting tips to get rid of Orbi firmware update failed issue. If the troubleshooting tips do not help you, you can update the Orbi router firmware manually.
If you encounter any other issue with your Orbi router or satellite, while login www.orbilogin.net or www.orbilogin.com you can quickly get in touch with our technical team to take their help. They can resolve your issues within a few minutes. Call on their toll-free number or perform a live chat with them.