- Orbi satellite flashing blue light? Not sure what blue Orbi light or orbi blue light means?
- Stay connected to our post and resolve your query regarding Orbi satellite solid blue light.
- If you have recently purchased a Netgear Orbi router then you need to set it up before starting using it.
- When you perform the Orbi router setup, you may encounter a number of lights on the Orbi router and satellite. One of them is Orbi satellite blue light or orbi blue light
- Each of the lights on the Orbi device be it router or satellite has a different meaning and reason behind it.
- The device has been manufactured in such a way that it will tell you through the light whether it is ON or facing some kind of issue.
- In this particular guide, we will discuss Orbi blue light and what to do when Orbi satellite blue light stays on.
What does Orbi solid blue light indicate?
- Orbi router and satellite display different coloured LEDs to give you an idea of what’s happening.
- When it comes to the Orbi satellite blue light or orbi blue light it means the connection between the Orbi router and Orbi satellite is all good and there is no interruption.
- You will find the solid blue light on the Orbi satellite for about 3 minutes.
- If you don’t see blue Orbi light, you might need to reset your Orbi router and satellite back to their default settings and re-try the syncing process.
Here are some steps after which you will find that the Orbi satellite blue light stays ON:
- You may want to place the Orbi satellite and Orbi router in the same room to each other.
- Both the devices are required to be plugged into the electrical outlet. When you find the solid white light on the Orbi satellite it means the device is ready for the ‘Sync’ part.
- Next, you would need to hold down the ‘Sync’ knob on the Orbi router for about 10 seconds or until you hear a beep sound.
- Thereafter, press the ‘Sync’ knob of the Orbi satellite using the same technique again for 10 seconds.
- Look at the RING LED of the Orbi satellite; you will either see the solid blue, orbi blue light amber or magenta light. Each light has a different meaning.
- If your Orbi satellite is showing solid blue light and it stays like that for a while then that means the connection between the Orbi satellite and router is very good.
- However, if you see the magenta light or orbi blue light at the bottom of the Orbi satellite after pressing the sync button then that means the connection is failed.
- You may want to try the syncing process once again until you see Orbi solid blue light on the bottom LED.
Not getting Orbi satellite blue light even after multiple attempts?
- Even after multiple attempts of syncing the Orbi satellite with the Orbi router if you are not getting the Orbi blue light then you may need to reset your device.
- You can easily reset your Orbi device by long-pressing the reset button with the help of a sharp and pointed object.
- Once that is done, you need to connect the Orbi router to the modem and computer.
- You can log into the orbilogin.net web page and configure your Orbi device.
- Finally, you need to sync the Orbi router and satellite. In the end, you will see a solid Orbi blue light.
Orbi satellite blue light stays on
- When you sync the Orbi satellite and router, the ring light stays solid blue for about 3 minutes.
- That indicates the connection is good and accurate.
- You can move your Orbi satellite to a new place and plug it into a power source.
- Start enjoying an interrupt-free online experience.
Techniques to fix the Orbi blue light not flashing or staying solid
If you have noticed that the Orbi blue light does not stay on for more than 10 seconds then that means the connection is good but your device is facing some other issue. Here’s what you can do to fix the Orbi device.
- Unplug all the cables connecting to the Orbi router.
- Turn off the device for some time.
- Turn on the Orbi device after approximately 5 minutes.
- Make sure that the cable connection to the Orbi network has been properly.
- Download and update the firmware for your Orbi device.
- Finally, sync the devices and wait for the solid blue light on the Orbi satellite.
Need more help for the Orbi blue light?
We have tried to cover easy methods to solve the blue light not showing up on the Orbi satellite issue. If you still get an issue with your Orbi, you may contact our technicians and get their help. Call us anytime.