Are you frustrated to see orbi purple light on router or magenta LED light flashing on Orbi WiFi system? It is one of the most common issues faced by Orbi users. The Orbi WiFi router supports mesh wifi wireless technology due to which most of the users get confused on how to resolve the glitch on Orbi wifi router. Which causes blinking magenta or purple light on Orbilogin router and how to solve manually using www.orbilogin.net or www.orbilogin.net login.
Users may even come through the orbilogin.com error or orbilogin.net not working error, but these errors are not major ones. If you are facing Orbi router magenta on app or Orbi router flashing purple light error and orbi purple light, you can resolve it on your own by following the instructions.
This article will go over the various LEDs found on routers and satellites. When you see different lights on your Orbi router and satellite, you should at least understand what is going on. You can only solve a problem if you know what the problem is. It is vital to understand the significance of various lights on the router and satellite.
To make things easier for you, let us explain. If you own an Orbi router, you’re probably aware that the orbital light appears most of the time, but users don’t understand what it means, so they can’t solve the problem.
You can contact us via our Toll-Free number and Live Chat window, which are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Orbi purple light or Blinking purple light on Orbi router? Let us tell you that Orbi router LED magenta error can occur due to a number of reasons.
The most common reason for purple LEDs on Orbi routers is network error on your device:
Here are some of the possible reasons due to which you see purple or magenta light on Orbi router.
- Orbi purple light or Purple light on orbi and magenta LED can light up due to the most common reason i.e. internet network issue.
- The main reason behind Orbi purple light or Orbi router magenta light is Orbi router fails to sync with satellite.
- Internet wiring or fiber cable has some sort of wear and tear.
- Your Orbi wifi router has come through multiple issues and it is running some system diagnosting processes.
- Magenta LED on Orbi router may even come if there is some issue in the internet connectivity from the end of your internet service provider.
- The RJ45 ethernet cable is not inserted firmly into the WLAN port of your Orbi wifi router.
- You may see Orbi router flashing purple light if there are some changes in the configuration of the wireless router.
- Even longer hours of inactivity or idle wireless network make you encounter these types of issues.
- Crashed or obsolete firmware also play a considerable role in preventing you from using the wireless network of the Orbi wifi router.
- Your Orbi wifi router may be having some infected files that probably get inside its system when you download the firmware from an untrusted or unsecure website.
- Viruses and malwares can also incapacitate your Orbi wifi system from functioning in a normal way.
- Maybe the Orbi wifi router you are having has come through some serious defect. You may want to get it replaced from the manufacturer or retailer from whom you bought the Orbi wifi system.
How I solve Orbi Router Blinking Purple And Magenta Light - Troubleshooting
- Reboot your Orbi wifi router in the first place.
- Turn off the electricity supply and wait for approximately 20 seconds before turning on.
- Now, turn on the Orbi wifi router and wait while it gets stable.
#2 Check Connected Devices:
- All you have to do is, have a wireless device i.e. computer or mobile or tablet that should be connected to the wireless network of your Orbi wifi router.
- There are certain technical instructions that you need to follow carefully.
- If you mistake somewhere while attempting to modify the changes and resolving the glitch, you may come across a major technical issue.
#4 Contact ISP
- Orbi purple light or Orbi shows maganta light, maybe due to lost internet connection.
- Do check your internet service provider or Chat Now.
Reasons behind: Magenta LED On Orbi Router
What are the causes of Orbi magenta light?
- There are several possible reasons for the orbi purple light or magenta light on your Orbi router.
- The most typical cause of Orbi purple light or magenta LED illumination is an internet network problem.
- Orbi router magenta light is caused by the router failing to sync with the satellite.
- There is some wear and tear on internet wiring or fiber cable.
- Your Orbi wireless router has encountered a number of difficulties and is currently undergoing system diagnostics which gives Orbi magenta light.
- Magenta LED on Orbi router may appear if there is a problem with internet connectivity at your internet service provider’s end.
- Your Orbi wifi router’s RJ45 ethernet cable is not firmly put into the WLAN port.
- If you make any modifications to the wireless router’s setup, you may notice the Orbi router flashing purple light.
- The outdated firmware version of the device can potentially prevent you from using the Orbi wifi router’s wireless network.
- Infected files, malware, and viruses may have entered your Orbi wifi router’s system when you downloaded the firmware from an untrustworthy or unprotected website.
- Viruses and malware can disable your Orbi wifi system’s ability to function normally, which can be the reason behind Orbi Magenta light.
What are the steps to fix Blinking Purple And Magenta Light on Orbi Router?
- In the first place, reboot your Orbi wifi router.
- Turn off the electricity and wait about 20 seconds before turning it back on.
- Turn on the Orbi wireless router now and wait for it to stabilize in order to fix Orbi magenta light.
- All you need is a wireless device, such as a computer, smartphone, or tablet, that is linked to the Orbi wifi router’s wireless network to solve blinking orbi magenta light.
- The above-mentioned ways will help the users in fixing orbi magenta light on the Netgear Orbi .
Steps to Fix Mageta LED On Orbi Router
- When you see an Orbi router flashing purple light, make sure there are no loose connections.
- If you are seeing the magenta light on Orbi router, it means your Orbi router fails to sync with satellite.
Note: Make sure the satellite and Orbi router are in close proximity to each other.
- Please ensure that the ethernet cable is firmly plugged into the respective ports.
- Be sure the adapter is attached to the Orbi wifi router properly. In case you are using a third-party adapter for your router, ensure that its output is the same as that of the original one.
- If all the wires and cables are connected firmly, turn OFF of your Orbi wifi router and disconnect each one of them.
- Make sure you wait for 20 seconds before turning your Orbi wifi router ON.
- Check to ensure there is a cat5e wire from your web modem and your Orbi WAN port.
- Turn off all cables and wires, switch off Netgear Orbi router for a moment. It may turn flashing purple light to white.
- Now, switch the internet orbi router or modem back. And now you have to wait. During this time it will boot.
- After, when the status ‘fully booted’ on Orbi router.
If you see magenta light on the Orbi router still, go for the Orbi router reset. The Orbi router reset instructions are given in the next section.
Where Pulsing Purple LED On Orbi rbk50 Router – Advanced Steps
If after the above-mentioned steps still getting Orbi purple light or purple light on Netgear Orbi rbk50 router. Then you must try advanced steps:
Reset Orbi Router To Fix Magenta or Purple Light on Orbi
To Factory reset Orbi rbk50 wireless router, locate the reset/push button at the bottom of your WiFi system.
You may need a needle or any other sharp object in order to press the push button.
Press and hold the reset button on your Orbi rbk50 wifi router for around 10 seconds.
Release the reset button on your Orbi rbk50 router and wait while your Orbi wifi system restores factory default settings.
Be sure you do not turn off the Orbi rbk50 wifi device when it is attempting to reset its settings.
Once the Orbi rbk50 wifi router restores the original factory default settings, try again to sync the Orbi router to the satellite.
Pulsing Purple LED On Orbi Router - Advanced Steps
If after following above mentioned steps still Orbi purple light or getting purple light on Netgear orbi router. Then you must try advanced steps:
Reset Orbi Router To Fix Magenta or Purple Light on Orbi
- To Factory reset Orbi wireless router, locate the reset/push button at the bottom of your WiFi system.
- You may need a needle or any other sharp object in order to press the push button.
- Press and hold the reset button on your Orbi wifi router for around 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button on your Orbi router and wait while your Orbi wifi system restores factory default settings.
- Be sure you do not turn off the Orbi wifi device when it is attempting to reset its settings.
- Once the Orbi wifi router restores the original factory default settings, try again to sync Orbi router to satellite.
What are the steps for Update Orbi Router Firmware
- Login www.orbilogin.com or www.orbilogin.net to access orbilogin admin page.
- Check for firmware updates, Click on it and follow instructions to upgrade orbi router firmware.
- Or if orbilogin.com not working, then do download orbi firmware from a reliable source.
- Install updated firmware files, then upload on orbi login portal.
- After typing http://orbilogin.net or http://orbilogin.com on web browser.
- For more descriptive instructions, follow orbi router firmware failed issue.
Incomplete Orbi router setup
- If you are done, incomplete or missing settings of Netgear orbi router. It causes LED blinks purple light.
- Ensure all the connected networks are properly done.
- No loose wires are there.
- No missing information on orbi login page.
- Refer guide: How to setup orbi router? To properly set up Netgear Orbi router, manually or using orbilogin.com admin.
This was all about the Orbi purple light or Orbi router LED magenta light. We hope you got to know how to troubleshoot the Orbi router flashing purple light or magenta light. In case you come across any issue while attempting to configure or troubleshoot the device, feel free to reach out to use. (Call now on Toll-Free or Live Chat)
Our technical experts will analyze your issue and get back to you with a proper solution to resolve the issue.