There can be occasions when you feel the Orbi router not connecting to satellite. If you are also facing ‘Orbi satellite losing connection’ issue then, you can get your issue resolved by checking out the troubleshooting tips given in the guide.
The Netgear Orbi wifi system consists of a router and satellite. Orbi router setup can be done using Orbilogin.net web address or via Orbi app. You can connect Orbi satellite with the router to expand the wireless network coverage. With Orbi satellite, you can access the internet from any corner of your place.
Troubleshoot- Orbi Satellite Not Detecting Error
However, when Orbi satellites are not detected by a router, it can be a very frustrating situation. Many users often report that they can’t find Orbi satellites. When Orbi loses connection to satellite, you will not be able to enjoy the extended network.
Well, we are providing some troubleshooting tips in the guide that you can use and resolve Orbi satellite issues.
Check These Before- Sync Orbi Router with Satellite via orbilogin.net
- Do Check LED Indicators On Netgear Orbi Router
When you sync Orbi router with satellite by login www.orbilogin.com, you will notice the following change in the behavior of the LED.
- Solid Blue- The Orbi router and satellite are successfully synced. The connection between the router and satellite is good.
- Solid Amber– The Orbi router and satellite are successfully synced. The connection between the Netgear Orbi router and its satellite is fair. To improve the connection, you can move the satellite closer to the Orbi router.
- Solid or pulsing Magenta- It means router and Orbi satellite fails to sync with each other. If your Orbi router not connecting to the satellite you should try moving the satellite closer to the router.
Unable to Connect Netgear Orbi Router to Satellite
Talk To Professional To Fix This Issue
- Read: Also If looking for reset orbi router to its default factory settings
How To Fix Orbi Router Not Connecting To Satellite?
In case, your Orbi satellite loses connection with Orbi router even after multiple trials, you can check the following tips and resolve the issue.
- If your satellite’s ring LED is solid or pulsing magenta then it means Orbi router can’t find Orbi satellite. In such a case, you must move your satellite closer to Orbi router.
- Make sure you are pressing the Sync button not the power button to form a connection between both the devices.
- If Orbi satellite is not detected by the Orbi router then you need to cross-check the cable and power connection. Make sure both the devices are receiving proper power.
- In case, your Orbi satellite loses connection with the router continuously then this must be due to outdated firmware.
- You must log in to orbilogin.net and update the firmware of Orbi router and satellite.
If can’t access Netgear Orbi admin page, then do refer: Netgear orbilogin.net not working error.
- Even after trying these steps if still, your Orbi router is not connecting to satellite then you can reset both the devices to their default settings.
- This can be done using the reset button or after signing into www.orbilogin.net login page.
These tips and tricks will help you resolve Orbi satellite not detected by Orbi router issue. or you also refer guide for advance steps: orbi router not connecting to satellite
Still, Can’t find Orbi Router Satellite
Contact orbilogin.net Experts To Quick Resolve
Orbi Satellite Losing Connection With Netgear Orbi Router- Advanced Steps
If you can’t find Orbi satellite then you can follow the below-mentioned steps. Here are some steps that you can use to sync Netgear Orbi router to Orbi satellite.
- Place the Orbi router and satellite in the same room during the sync process.
- You need to connect the Orbi satellite to power source. Make sure it is receiving proper power.
- If the power LED does not light up, press the ON/ OFF button on the back of the device.
- Press the sync button on the orbilogin router and wait for two minutes.
- Now, find and press the sync button on the Orbi satellite.
- The satellite will first pulse white and then change to any of the following colors within three minutes.
- Blue- The satellite and router are synced and the connection is good.
- Amber- The Orbi satellite and router are synced and the connection is fair.
- Magenta- The Orbi satellite not detected by Orbi router. Move the devices closer to each other.
- Once the connection between Orbi router and satellite is formed, you can place the satellite outdoors.
- Now, connect the Orbi satellite to a nearby power outlet.
- If the Power LED of the satellite does not light up, press the ON/ OFF button.
Extend WiFi Coverage with Setup Orbi Router with Satellite
Contact Orbi Router Login Support
By implementing these steps your issue ‘Orbi router not connecting to satellite’ will get resolved. Don’t worry if your Orbi loses connection to satellite as we have an in-house team that will help you avoid such errors.
You can contact our technical team and professional assistance from orbilogin.net by calling on our toll free number.