Having a tough time syncing the orbi router with satellite or connect orbi router with satellite? if you can’t connect the satellite with the orbi router then it’s always recommended to check orbi firmware update first.
If you still can’t figure it out, read this guide or Live Chat with experts to find out why your orbi fails to connect with satellites.
In other way, if your orbi is not connected with the satellite, you can’t enjoy the extended wireless connection.
There can be occasions when you feel the Orbi router not connecting to satellite. If you are also facing ‘Orbi satellite losing connection’ issue then, you can get your issue resolved by checking out the troubleshooting tips given in the guide.
The Netgear Orbi wifi system consists of a router and satellite. Orbi router setup can be done using Orbilogin.net web address or via Orbi app. You can connect Orbi satellite with the router to expand the wireless network coverage. With Orbi satellite, you can access the internet from any corner of your place.
Reasons behind why i can’t connect orbi router with satellite –
- -The primary factor which can’t let users to connect their orbi with satellite is the long distance between orbi router and satellite
- For instance, if the distance between the devices is more than what is required, there are more chances that you can’t connect the orbi with the satellite.So, minimize the distance between the main orbi router and the satellite.
- -Don’t forget to press the sync button, if you can’t sync the devices, you can’t connect the orbi router to the satellite.
- -In case you are not able to connect the orbi router with a satellite, it may be due to loose ethernet connection between your devices or the cables are not properly inserted in the orbi and satellite.
- -Make sure the orbi satellite is connected to the power socket, if not the orbi router will fail to detect the satellite.
- -One of common reason why orbit is not connecting with satellite is outdated firmware on Orbi mesh system. So, always keep the orbi router up-to-date.
- -Resetting the orbi router to the factory defaults will solve orbi connection errors. Once you reset the device, you can sync the orbi with the satellite more easily.
Don’t worry, if you are can’t connect orbi router with satellite, feel free to contact our support agents, or check below steps, they will easily resolve your concern. For more information about how to connect orbi with a satellite, read the instructions guide which comes with the device.
Troubleshoot- Orbi Satellite Not Detecting Error
However, when Orbi satellites are not detected by a router, it can be a very frustrating situation. Many users often report that they can’t find Orbi satellites. When Orbi loses connection to satellite, you will not be able to enjoy the extended network.
Well, we are providing some troubleshooting tips in the guide that you can use and resolve Orbi satellite issues.
Check These Before- Sync Orbi Router with Satellite via orbilogin.net
- Do Check LED Indicators On Netgear Orbi Router
When you sync Orbi router with satellite by login www.orbilogin.com, you will notice the following change in the behavior of the LED.
- Solid Blue- The Orbi router and satellite are successfully synced. The connection between the router and satellite is good.
- Solid Amber– The Orbi router and satellite are successfully synced. The connection between the Netgear Orbi router and its satellite is fair. To improve the connection, you can move the satellite closer to the Orbi router.
- Solid or pulsing Magenta– It means router and Orbi satellite fails to sync with each other. If your Orbi router not connecting to the satellite you should try moving the satellite closer to the router.
Unable to Connect Netgear Orbi Router to Satellite
Talk To Professional To Fix This Issue
- Read: Also If looking for reset orbi router to its default factory settings
How To Fix Orbi Router Not Connecting To Satellite?
In case, your Orbi satellite loses connection with Orbi router even after multiple trials, you can check the following tips and resolve the issue.
- If your satellite’s ring LED is solid or pulsing magenta then it means Orbi router can’t find Orbi satellite. In such a case, you must move your satellite closer to Orbi router.
- Make sure you are pressing the Sync button not the power button to form a connection between both the devices.
- If Orbi satellite is not detected by the Orbi router then you need to cross-check the cable and power connection. Make sure both the devices are receiving proper power.
- In case, your Orbi satellite loses connection with the router continuously then this must be due to outdated firmware.
- You must log in to orbilogin.net and update the firmware of Orbi router and satellite.
If can’t access Netgear Orbi admin page, then do refer: Netgear orbilogin.net not working error.
- Even after trying these steps if still, your Orbi router is not connecting to satellite then you can reset both the devices to their default settings.
- This can be done using the reset button or after signing into www.orbilogin.net login page.
These tips and tricks will help you resolve Orbi satellite not detected by Orbi router issue. or you also refer guide for advance steps: orbi router not connecting to satellite
Still, Can’t find Orbi Router Satellite
Contact orbilogin.net Experts To Quick Resolve
Orbi Satellite Losing Connection With Netgear Orbi Router- Advanced Steps
If you can’t find Orbi satellite then you can follow the below-mentioned steps. Here are some steps that you can use to sync Netgear Orbi router to Orbi satellite.
- Place the Orbi router and satellite in the same room during the sync process.
- You need to connect the Orbi satellite to power source. Make sure it is receiving proper power.
- If the power LED does not light up, press the ON/ OFF button on the back of the device.
- Press the sync button on the orbilogin router and wait for two minutes.
- Now, find and press the sync button on the Orbi satellite.
- The satellite will first pulse white and then change to any of the following colors within three minutes.
- Blue- The satellite and router are synced and the connection is good.
- Amber- The Orbi satellite and router are synced and the connection is fair.
- Magenta- The Orbi satellite not detected by Orbi router. Move the devices closer to each other.
- Once the connection between Orbi router and satellite is formed, you can place the satellite outdoors.
- Now, connect the Orbi satellite to a nearby power outlet.
- If the Power LED of the satellite does not light up, press the ON/ OFF button.
Extend WiFi Coverage with Setup Orbi Router with Satellite
Contact Orbi Router Login Support
By implementing these steps your issue ‘Orbi router not connecting to satellite’ will get resolved. Don’t worry if your Orbi loses connection to satellite as we have an in-house team that will help you avoid such errors.
You can contact our technical team and professional assistance from orbilogin.net by calling on our toll free number.
- Downloading the Orbi app for your smartphone device is the simplest way to set up the Orbi for the first time.
- Without turning on the Router or Satellites, connect them to a power source.
- Create an account with the Orbi app.
- The app will ask for permission to use your camera to scan the QR code on the back of your router.
- The program will continue with instructions after you scan the QR code.
- To begin, connect your ISP modem to the Orbi router unit’s yellow connector and turn it on.
- Now turn on the satellite device and wait for it to sync with the router unit automatically.
- Connect Orbi Wi-Fi with the satellite by pressing the sync button on the back of your Netgear Orbi Satellite.
- Just remember to hit the sync button on the back of your Orbi Router as well.
- If you’re still having trouble connecting your satellite to your Netgear Orbi router, Then double-check that you have the most recent firmware from orbilogin.net.
- Also, make sure the Netgear Orbi Satellite’s bottom light LED is full white.
- Connect to the existing Orbi system using the Orbi app on your smartphone and log in with your username and password.
- Add satellite can be found in the menu at the top left.
- To add the unit, follow the on-screen directions.