Netgear orbi voice is a tri-band speaker that can even be set up in extender mode to extend the Wi-Fi of an existing network. This device comes with in-built Amazon Alexa that lets you control your other smart devices.
When you purchase Netgear Orbi voice it is set to normal mode by default. If you have a non-orbi router, set up your orbi voice in extender mode to connect to your router.
If you’re new to all this, you will find orbi voice setup in extender mode a bit tricky and difficult. But that’s okay. If you follow this guide carefully, you’ll be able to complete the process with no issues. check out the step-by-step process of orbi voice setup in extender mode. So, let’s begin:
For orbi voice setup in extender mode
Follow the steps given below:
- Place the orbi voice within 5 feet of your wireless router.
- Connect the orbi voice to a power source.
- If your orbi voice turns ON automatically, turn it off.
- Now, make sure you press the power button and sync button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds.
- You will find the ring LED pulsing white or light blue.
- Release the button. This will allow the orbi voice to enter into orbi extender mode.
- Check the LED of the orbi voice. It will first blink blue and then turn to stable blue.
Once your orbi voice’s ring LED gets stable light blue, it means it is now in the extender mode. Now, you can initiate the setup process.
How to set up orbi voice as an extender?
As discussed above, you first need to turn the default mode of orbi voice to the extender mode. Once orbi voice is in the extender mode, you can initiate its setup as an extender. To know how to do so, follow the below-given steps carefully.
- Connect the client device to the extender network which will be available by the name Netgear_Ext.
- Once done, you need to launch a browser on the connected device and go to the www.mywifiext.net web page.
- Begin the process by updating the firmware of orbi voice extender. The firmware process will start initiating itself.
- You can also select the option ‘Manual’ to manually upgrade the firmware of Netgear orbi voice.
Download the orbi app and continue with the orbi voice setup in extender mode
To continue with the further steps, you need to download the latest orbi app on your Smartphone. Once you install the orbi app, follow these straightforward steps.
- Connect your Smartphone to the Netgear_EXT network.
- Open the orbi app and sign in using your orbi credentials.
- If you’re signing in for the first time, create a new orbi account.
- Next, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the orbi voice setup as an extender.
Once the Orbi voice setup in extender mode is completed, you can relocate the device into an area with weak wifi network.
This was all about orbi voice setup in extender mode. As you can see, the process is not at all difficult but it can be confusing as there are some of complex steps involved.
Meanwhile, if you encounter any issue, just get in touch with our experts and ask for their help. Click on our live chat window or give us a call on our toll free number.